In episode 29 of Micro Entrepreneur: the magic of thinking small, I had a great time speaking with Mike Southon. Mike is a serially successful entrepreneur, best-selling business author and one of the world’s top business keynote speakers on entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and sales.
This week’s guest
He has spoken at over 1,000 live events all over the world and provided face-to-face mentoring to over 1,000 entrepreneurs.
What we covered in the show:
- The back story behind the Instruction Set and the Beermat Entrepreneur
- The most important factor for success (spoiler – it’s all about finding and maintaining mentors)
- Make a profit and you’re already an entrepreneur! Start there…
- Choose something that you love doing – there’s always money in it
- Focus, focus, focus – Start small and see if anyone will give you any money for your product/service
- Always charge something – test your model and measure it with the money
- What to do before the logo, the branding or the business plan
- Setting initial prices – the first sale is the hardest – then others do the selling for you
- Raising your prices – the difference between price and ‘value for money’ pricing
- Trust based and outcome based pricing
- Selling is about hunting, farming and managing your pipeline
- You have to be prepared to work hard in the beginning
- Thoughts on 2015
- Mentoring – helps you with the ‘how, who, why of your business’ and (if you’re lucky!)… a referral
You can find out more about Mike here:
About the Podcast
The Micro Entrepreneur Podcast is your place to come and hear me talk about all things business for the micro business owner. I speak with experts, authors and other micro business owners and what they are doing to build and grow a successful micro business.
Subscribe to the podcast
For Apple users, you can click here to subscribe on iTunes
For Android and Windows users, you can click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Like the show? Please tell us on iTunes!
If you liked the show and found it valuable and you haven’t done so already I would really appreciate it if you took a minute to leave a quick rating or review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It will open up itunes on your computer and you can leave a rating by clicking on the ratings and reviews tab. It would be extremely helpful if you like the show! Click here to leave a review for the podcast! It will only take a second